Post #2 on poaching purple peppers
Slight variation on the patriotic potato salad:
- About 2 lbs of small potatos (these can be red, yellow or white)
- A handful of plum or grape tomatos
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream (full or non-fat, whatever you like, this also works with greek yogurt)
- 2 turkey hot dogs or 1/2 c. bacon bits/pieces (bacon is tastier, hot dogs are healthier)
- 1/4 c. chopped chives (you can add or substitute green onions, but chives are lovely)
- 1 can olives (if you can find lyndsey’s naturals they’re best, but black olives are fine)
- 1/3 c. crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/4 c. onion if desired (I don’t bother)
Cut potatos into pieces smaller than 2″ square, cut off any black bits and boil the until they are soft, this should be about half an hour once the water is boiling.
Drain, let potatos cool a bit before dicing further.
Mix in olives, bleu cheese, chives, tomatos and hot dog or bacon. Then fold in sour cream until thoroughly mixed.